I'm still unsure of why I felt the desire to start a blog. I have all these crazy thoughts inside my head and maybe I just need somewhere to share them. Our parents have been complaining that they don't see their grandkids often enough, so maybe this blog will help them feel a tad bit closer. Too often one of the kids say something funny or cute and I think to myself that I never want to forget that moment. Hopefully this will help jog my memory. It is Wednesday, October 14th, 2009. For most people that is just another day on the calendar. For us, it means church and choir practice this evening. It means that Addison will be home from Mexico in 3 days!!! It means that Daddy will be home in 4 days!!! It means that (if the weather cooperates) Mommy, Alex, and Gracie Mae are going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow! It means that today is Alex's last day of school this week and Mommy has to go to parent/teacher conferences tomorrow.
The Lord has really been speaking to me about courage this week through the women's Bible study I am attending and through other channels. As I was praying yesterday morning, He led me to a very specific verse. "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." (Psalm 62:1-2) Friends, don't take your eyes off The Rock for a single second. Satan is knocking at your door and is ready to attack 24/7/365. Fortunately for us, we have someone bigger than Satan who is on our side!
We are half-way through the week. Thank you, Jesus! Be blessed today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray. You've jumped on the blogging bandwagon! ;)
ReplyDelete