I'll be the first to admit that I'm sort of "cheap." Maybe that is a bad way to put it....I'm....I'm a bargain shopper. Yeah! In all seriousness, I do take saving money pretty seriously. Since I've "stayed at home" since A and I started dating, I've always considered it my job to get the most out of our money. I search the ads for things on sale, shop clearance racks, etc. One of the things I like best is what I refer to as "$10 Coupon day." For those of you who don't know, on a couple of Thursdays a month, Shop 'N Save will give you $10 off a $50 purchase. I'll drive across town just to go to the other Shop 'N Save so I get $20 off of $100 on that day. On top of that, I buy the Entertainment Book which has $5 coupons off a $50 purchase. So today, I got $100 worth of groceries for $70. Woot! Since I did drive to the other side of town for groceries, I ran into the only gas station that I saw with $2.24 gas. Everywhere else had went up to $2.49. So, I saved about $4-$5 on gas too. I'm sure this isn't near as exciting for all of you as it is for me.
Today, Gracie and Alex were fighting over who Addison loves and misses the most. The bickering got on my nerves eventually, but I did think it was cute at the same time. All too often the kids do something they aren't supposed to but it is just so cute. A and I constantly have to turn our heads so they don't see us smiling at their "bad" behavior.
Alex: Can I patch my own pumpkin this year? Me: Do what? Alex: Patch my own pumpkin.
Me: What? Alex: Like that. (pointing to a carved pumpkin) Me: You mean "carve" your own pumpkin? Alex: (laughing) Yeah.
Me: I sure do miss Daddy. Gracie Mae: Me too, I miss him very much. I'm sorry he isn't here to snuggle wuggle with you. You need a hug, don't you?
Gracie likes to dance and "shake her booty." In the movie store today, she was obnoxiously dancing and singing some of the songs to the movie, Madagascar. Very cute, very obnoxious.
Alex and Addison had parent teacher conferences today. I'm so blessed to have "good" kids. They make good grades. They're respectful. They love each other, although we sometimes wonder.
The pumpkin patch trip got rescheduled to Tuesday. I'm sort of happy about this because 1. the weather is supposed to be much nicer next week. 2. Alex will have school. It's not that I didn't want him to go, but he got to go alone two years ago, and I'd love for Gracie's first field trip to be special in that regard too.
2 more days until Addison comes home and 3 until A comes home. I'm so ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment