Aaron and I are both reading, "The Family God Uses" by Tom and Kim Blackaby. I have been skimming through certain chapters and I have found most of what is written to be true or right on target with what I believe. What caught my attention today was a portion on "What the Lord Requires of Us."
1. Simply trust.
"Believing in God should not be complicated, confusing, or burdensome. Oh to be like a child in simple trust again without all the hang-ups , questioning, and what-ifs! God is looking for His people to simply trust Him- with their children, finances, job, marriage, and future. 'But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.' Hebrews 11:6 NKJV"
2. Do everything out of love.
"If we act out of obligation, jealousy, duty, guilt, or any other motivation than love, we are not representing Christ well. He expects us to love others in the same way He loves us. 'This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.' John 15:12 NKJV"
3. Be content.
"Contentment is an attitude from which we approach life and circumstances. Always looking for more tells God we're dissatisfied with how He has provided for us, and is often an indication that our priorities are out of sync. God promises to take care of our needs, not our wants. 'Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."' Hebrews 13:5 NIV.
4. Live by Faith
" A person does not have faith- he or she demonstrates faith. In God's kingdom, He requires His people to live by faith in Him. If God says it, we should believe it, and we should act upon it in daily life. Simple. 'The righteous by faith shall live.'" Hebrews 10:38 YLT
5. Trust the Holy Spirit
"Christians are led by the Holy Spirit who guides, directs, and helps us daily. Christ described the Spirit as a counselor, advocate, helper, and guide. 'However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth.'" John 16:13 NKJV.
6. Know right from wrong.
"Christians who know God to be intimate, personal, and involved in their lives know He does have a best choice whenever we come to a crossroads. He will reveal His ways and His plans if we seek Him. God does have a plan for our lives. God does want to be intimately involved in our activities day to day. 'He alone can change hearts, function outside of our limitations, and know the future and the plans He has for us.'" Jeremiah 29:11 GNT
All of this comes directly from the book. It really spoke to my heart this morning and I wanted to share it. There is much more written for each category and if it spoke to you as it did to me, please ask to borrow the book. I would like to say that some of the translations they use are new to me and I wouldn't necessarily lead someone to that specific translation.
Lord, I ask for you to make our families strong. Help us to remember that our spouses and children are a gift from you, Father. May we always seek the opportunity to serve You. Prepare our hearts Lord, may our lives be a living testimony to who You are. Bless us, and we will give you all the glory for it. Amen.
May you all have a very blessed weekend. I'm thankful to call you my friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know if you heard me on Monday night when I showed put up a piece of paper and said "I need a few of these right now", it was the one that says Helpful bible verses..for Womans bible study...well reading your blog today is exactly what I needed. Thanks!!! ;)
ReplyDelete